Sunday Charcuterie Tutorial
By Aimee Hines
Enjoy a relaxing summer Sunday afternoon with a picnic! Everything on this charcuterie board is an edible replica, from the board itself to all the fixings. In a few short steps, make delectable blueberries and cherries to sprinkle among the selection of meats, cheeses, nuts, and other fruits.
- White gum paste
- Airbrush colors: blue, red, and black (Sugarprism)
- Edible glaze
- Edible glue
- Ball tool
- Dresden tool
- Six division tool (Wilton)
- 26-gauge floral wire
Shape the Blueberries
- Using your palm and fingers, create a ball out of gum paste.
- Using the six division tool, create your blueberry top.
- Mix blue with vodka and airbrush.
Form the Cherries
- Roll 2 gum-paste balls to the size of cherries.
- Rock a Dresden tool in the center to create an indentation.
- Using a small ball tool, create a divot.
- Insert floral wire that has been bent into a “V” and dipped in edible glue.
- Mix 2 parts red and 1 part black with vodka to airbrush your cherries.
- Airbrush for full coverage, and once dry, paint with edible glaze.
For the full tutorial, be sure to check out the July/August 2021 issue and the bonus e-book for all 18 scrumptious items!