Rebekah Naomi Wilbur took her chocolate addiction to new heights with this decadent chocolate cake recipe. Proceed with caution!
Chocoholic Cake Recipe
1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 ½ cups sugar
¾ cup dark cocoa powder
4 oz (½ cup salted butter)
1/3 cup mayonnaise
½ cup milk
1 cup scalding hot black coffee
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 oz melted Lily’s chocolate
2 large eggs
- In a mixing bowl sift flour, baking powder and sugar together.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine butter, mayonnaise, cocoa powder, milk and coffee, beat for 2 minutes until fully incorporated and slightly cooled.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, beat for 30 seconds, add eggs one at a time and beat until incorporated, add cooled meted chocolate. Pour into buttered and floured or (cocoa coated) 8 inch pans and bake for 30-35 mins in a pre-heated 350 degree oven. Test with skewer for doneness and allow to cool.
8 oz Lily’s chocolate
4 oz heavy cream
4 oz salted room temperature butter
- Scald the heavy cream and pour over chocolate, stir until melted, add butter and whip for 30 seconds.
4 oz Lily’s chocolate
2 egg whites
½ cup heavy cream
½ tsp orange extract
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler.
- Beat the egg whites in a clean bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Whip heavy cream until soft peaks.
- Combine and add orange extract.
Layer the cake with the chocolate mousse and pour over the ganache, smoothing over the sides. Decorate with whipped cream and fresh fruit.