This lovely sugar lavender tutorial by GlazursShop demonstrates how to make a gorgeous bundle of lavender- perfect as a cake or cupcake topper. All you need is a small 5 petal plunger cutter, a fondant extruder and some dried spaghetti pasta. This pretty posy is sure to impress!
- Mix two similar shades of lavender gumpaste and roll to 1/8 inch in thickness, cut out several blossoms using a small, blossom plunger cutter.
- Cut blossoms in half, fold over and using an edible adhesive, glue together as shown in the picture.
- Repeat the above steps until you have created as many flowers as needed.
- Extrude thin ropes of green gumpaste and thread over dried spaghetti pasta (Angel hair is recommended).
- Thread the prepared flowers onto the stems and bundle together.
- Create a small bow using a bow mold and a piece of pale lavender gumpaste and then cut an oval label using the darker shade.
- Extrude a rope of pale lavender fondant and twirl to create a twine, then gentle wrap around your prepared bundle, attach the bow with a dab of edible adhesive and the lavender label.
- Use as cupcake or cake toppers.