In this new role, Barberet, a celebrated French-born pastry chef, will collaborate with other pastry chefs and chocolatiers to influence the world of pastry through his innovation, artistry and technical expertise. The invitation-only Club includes a global membership of more than 100 pastry chefs and chocolatiers from more than 20 countries.
“Our team spent time with Chef Barberet at his new Bakery and Bistro, and it felt like we were on Place de la Madeleine in Paris,” said Alexandra Urbe-Adams, Senior Brand Manager, Region Americas. “We were overwhelmed by the wide selection of French style pastries, viennoiserie and the chic design of the boutique. Every corner was filled with delightful sweet and savory gourmet foods. Chef Cédric Barberet brings deep experience and an authentic interpretation of French pastry, coupled with a provocative approach to flavor combinations. He is a tremendous example of the type of craftsmen who are ushering in a new and progressive ways to experience dessert. We are proud to welcome a chef of his reputation to our Ambassador Club.”
“It is an honor and privilege to join the ranks of so many talented gourmet professionals as a Cacao Barry Ambassador,” said Chef Cedric Barberet. “My main motivation and preoccupation is to create pastries that arouse and surprise the taste buds by combing the finest ingredients with precise execution. I believe this is an essential factor if we are to ensure the evolution of our profession.” said Chef Barberet.
In addition to Chef Barberet, the Cacao Barry® USA Ambassador team includes:
● Simon Brégardis – Executive Pastry Chef at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, Miami
● Melissa Coppel – Chocolatier, Owner of Sucre LLC Consulting, Las Vegas, NV
● Dimitri Fayard – Executive Pastry Chef at The Peninsula, Chicago
● Lauren Haas – Dpt. Chair, Pastry Chef Instructor at Johnson & Wales, Providence, RI
● Franck Iglesias – Executive Pastry Chef at Foxwoods Resort Casino, Mashantucket, CT
● Chef Jacquy Pfeiffer and Chef Sébastien Canonne – Co-founders of The French Pastry School, Chicago
● Rocco Lugrine – Pastry Chef Instructor at the Art Institute of Philadelphia
● Frédéric Monti – Corporate Pastry Chef at PreGel America, Concord, NC
● Gabriele Riva – Consultant, NYC, NY
● Amanda Rockman – Executive Pastry Chef at South Congress Hotel, Austin, TX