It’s fall, and we’re going back to nature. Well, at least our creativity is, because the new September/October issue of ACD is all about the beauty of nature—falling leaves, animals of all kinds, and some sumptuous apple recipes. And, of course, we can’t forget Halloween, the cakers’ favorite holiday. There’s so much to explore! Here’s a peek at what’s inside:
- Our cover star Anna ASH teaches us wafer-paper mushrooms, as realistic as they are easy
- A sugar showpiece featuring a spindly spider on its web
- Japanese-inspired amigurumi safari cupcakes
- A stunning scene with cranes painted with edible watercolor
- Scott Bradshaw’s tutorial that will surely give you a toothache
- A creepy, yet creative circus cake collaboration
Plus, we have expert advice on costing and outsourcing as we go into the busiest baking season of the year. This issue is dedicated in loving memory of Chef Nicholas Lodge, our friend and mentor, who would always remind us to “Keep calm and cake on.” And that’s just what we will do!