Wendy Begy of The Cake Learning Blog created a wonderful, winter wonderland cake tutorial for our Modern Bride issue. Wendy says, I knew I wanted to use this incredible recipe by my friend, Chef Amanda Schonberg; she is such a talented baker and this is the perfect seasonal recipe for a winter wedding. Amanda has kindly shared her delicious recipe for a white chocolate peppermint pound cake. To see more of Amanda’s work, be sure to checkout her business.
White Chocolate Peppermint Pound Cake
3 sticks butter
2tbs vegetable oil
3 cups sugar
3 cups all purpose flour(sifted)
½ tbs baking powder
1 cup whipping cream
1 tbl peppermint extract
½ cup melted white chocolate
- Make sure all ingredients are room temperature.
- Melt ½ cup white chocolate in a double boiler or microwave in 30 second intervals until fully melted but for no more than a minute, stir well before adding additional time.
- Mix dry ingredients of all purpose flour and baking powder in a bowl and set aside.
- Add one tablespoon peppermint extract into one cup room temperature whipping cream and set aside.
- Mix butter, sugar and oil together in a stand mixer for about 5-7 mix until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time until each is fully incorporated
- Scrap down sounds of the bowl to make sure mixture is well uniform
- Add one third of the dry mix, blend on low for about 20 seconds, add one third of the milk mixture and
- continue alternating each one mixing for a few seconds on low after each addition.
- Once finished fold in the ½ cup of the melted white chocolate.
- Bake in bundt pan for 325 for 50 min and then check, since oven temps vary if not complete add additional time, cake tester should come out with moist crumbs attached, if using a different pan adjust time accordingly.