Something Sweet! Brittany Grant from Sweetly Bake shares a bombshell recipe for a Mint Oreo Cheesecake. This crowd pleasing recipe will get your taste-buds tingling!
Contributed by Brittany Grant from Sweetly Bake:
2 and 1/2 cups Mint Oreo Crumbs with filling
6 tbsp butter melted- unsalted
24oz cream cheese
1and 1/2 cups of sugar
3 tbsp flour
4 eggs at room temp
1 cup sour cream
3 tbsp mint extract
15-20 mint oreos, chopped
1/2 cup chocolate ganache ( heavy cream and chocolate chips 3 to 1 ratio)
2 sticks unsalted butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1tbsp heavy cream
1 cup of chocolate ganache (Heavy cream and chocolate chips 3 to 1 ratio)
assorted peppermint candies such as peppermint kisses, soft peppermint, peppermint bark, mint Oreos
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, combine the crust ingredients and mix well.
3. Press mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch spring form pan with parchment paper in the bottom.
4. Bake for 10 minutes.
5. Cover the outside of the pin with foil so that water from the water bath doesn’t get into the crust and set it to the side.
1. Reduce oven to 300 degrees.
2. In a large bowl mix the cream cheese, sugar and flower with mixer until combined use low speed and do not over beat. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
3. Add room temp eggs 1 at a time, scraping down the bowl after each egg.
4. Add the sour cream and mint extract. Beat on low till just combined.
5. Put a little cheesecake in the bottom of the pan and make sure you spread evenly to help bake properly.
6. Add Oreos and some chocolate ganache.
7. Pour remaining cheesecake filling over Oreo’s and chocolate ganache—be sure to drop the cheesecake cake on the counter a few times to release any trapped air.
8. Place any remaining Oreo’s and ganache on top of the cheesecake filling.
9. Place foil wrapped spring form pan inside of another pan and fill with water half full.
10. Bake for approx. 1 hour and 15 minutes or until cheesecake is set with the exception of a quarter size giggle in the center.
11. Turn the oven off and let cheesecake cool in the oven for 15 minutes to help prevent cracks.
12. Put cheesecake in the fridge for 24 hours before serving.
13. Remove cheesecake from springform pan.
1. Mix butter and powdered sugar, vanilla, and heavy cream on low with a paddle attachment until creamy.
2. Spread the buttercream on top of the cheesecake evenly.
3. Put back in the fridge until buttercream is hard to the touch about 10-15 minutes
4. Heat chocolate chips and heavy cream on stove top just till melted and mix well, then pour over top of the buttercream.
5. Decorate the top with assorted peppermint candy pieces of your choice.
Please follow and like us: