Nothing says the holidays like a platter of warm freshly-baked cookies. One of our festive favorites is a simple butter cookie. This almond-infused recipe is sure to be a huge hit!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 sticks (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 tbs milk
- Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture is light and fluffy. Add egg, almond, vanilla, and milk and beat until combined. Gradually add flour mixture, beating until mixture just forms a dough.
- scoop dough into large pastry bag fitted with a large open star tip.
- Cover cookie sheets with two large sheets of wax paper.
- pipe swirls on the dough onto the sheet pans and then place the sheet trays into the fridge to firm up.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden brown. Cool on tray for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
To give as gifts, place stacks of 2 or 3 cookies into plain or decorated cupcake wrappers and place into a gift box or tin. Wrap with festive ribbon.